Traversing difficult terrain
(The guy in the photo below is our "Poster Boy" for fund appeals.)
There is considerable pressure from very strong increased Shelter activity.
Number of monthly visits to the clinic:
- Oct. 2013-Sept. 2014: Average, 346
- Oct. 2015-Feb. 2016 : Average, 711 (an increase of 105 percent).
- It seems to have hit some kind of critical mass and really started surging.
Number of monthly emergency rescues
- These are cases above and beyond the clinic visits. They are almost all serious. And in most instances we go out to get them. Most are during the day, but a number are at night.
- Oct. 2013-Sept. 2014: Average number, 43.
- Oct. 2015-Feb. 2016 : Average number, 106 (an increase of 147 percent).
Number of monthly in-patient treatments
- Oct. 2013-Sept. 2014: Average, 1,155.
- Oct. 2015-Feb. 2016 : Average, 1,455. (an increase of 26 percent).
Two distinctly different trends are indicated. Briefly:
- Monthly visits to clinic: The steady, strong increase is auspicious. It is a heartening reflection that people are opening their Hearts more and more to the animals, becoming more aware of, and caring more for them.
- Monthly emergency rescues: The increase is ominous. Most of it is traffic-related. Tiruvannamalai has an almost unique traffic configuration that is increasing the traffic intensity at an exponential rate.
This whole unfolding has given rise to intense operational and financial pressure.
We're traversing some difficult terrain, and can use any support you're inclined to give. Recurring donations, even quite modest ones, are best for us. So please...Keep your support coming.
…OM NAMAH SHIVAYA…